The Texas Center for Wine and Culinary Arts, Inc. (TCWCA) is dedicated to the awareness, understanding, and celebration of Texas food, wine, and agriculture through educational programmingand hands-on experiences.
What will happen at the Texas Center?
- Consumer culinary classes (hands-on and demonstration)
- Consumer classes on Texas wine/craft beer/spirits
- Culinary education for high school and college students
- Viticulture and enology education for college students
- Certificate programs for wine, viticulture, food and hospitality professionals
- Corporate team building
- Classes on nutrition and healthy eating
- Special event rentals
- Pop-up restaurants
Who are the partners who will utilize educational space at the center?
- Texas Tech University
- Central Texas College
- Fredericksburg Independent School District
- Hill Country Memorial Hospital
- Texas Center for Wine and Culinary Arts
What are the envisioned components of the 16,000 sq. foot facility?
- Hands-on kitchen
- Theater and demo kitchen
- Two classrooms
- Board room
- Small event space
- Teaching winery
- Faculty offices
- Offices for graduate students
Where will the center be located?
The planned location is the Hill Country University Center campus at 2818 E. U.S. Highway 290 in Fredericksburg. The board of the Hill Country University Center Foundation is supporting the location of TCWCA facility at the campus. A master plan for the campus is currently underway. The next step when the master plan is completed is to seek approval from the Fredericksburg City Council regarding the location of TCWCA at the campus, which is owned by the City.
When will the center open?
The opening date is dependent on fund raising efforts. Funding will be raised upfront so there is no debt service on the facilities. Donations are accepted on-line or see “contact us” page on this website.