What is happening right now to move the Texas Center for Wine and Culinary Arts, Inc. forward?
- Challenge grant of $1.2 million received from the Don L. and Julie Holden Foundation to purchase property for the center. A three acre site in downtown Fredericksburg is under contract within walking distance of some 500 hotel rooms.
- Overland Partners of San Antonio has completed phase one of schematic design – site plan, floor plan and elevation renderings: www.overlandpartners.com
- Notification received from the IRS that TCWCA has been granted 501(c)(3) status as a charitable organization, making all contributions to the project tax deductible.
- Expansion of the board of directors has begun with new participation from Dallas, Houston and Boerne.
- Study completed by the Gillespie County Economic Development Commission showing that grape growing and wine production in Gillespie County is already a $82.7 million a year industry.